This Impact Area invests your money in companies impacting United Nations Global Goal 4, Quality Education, which ensures inclusive and equitable education and promotes lifelong learning opportunities for all, and Global Goal 8, Decent Work and Economic Growth, which promotes inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for everyone.
Why is this important?
According to the World Health Organization and the United Nations:
- More than 2 million work-related deaths and about 160 million new occupational disease cases are reported every year.
- 600 million new jobs are needed by 2030 to keep up with working age population growth.
- Less than 45% of workers are employed full-time and permanently, and this rate is declining.
How do we choose companies in this Impact Area?
- We look at company reporting
- We partner with third-party rating firms
- We employ a proprietary scoring methodology
- We exclude companies with severe negative incidents or controversies
On what metrics are companies evaluated?
- Employee turnover and layoff history
- Presence of strong training and development programs
- Number and severity of employee safety incidents, including within the supply chain
Quality WorkSample Companies
- PEP PepsiCo, Inc.
- MMM 3M Company
- HAS Hasbro, Inc.
- DIS Walt Disney Co.
- SBUX Starbucks Corp.