This Impact Area invests your money in companies impacting United Nations Global Goal 5, Gender Equality, which aims to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
Why is this important?
According to United Nations:
- On average, women in the labor market still earn 23% less than men globally. If current trends continue, it is projected to take 70 years to close the wage gap.
- Only 38% of countries in a study of 173 have laws against gender discrimination in hiring practices.
- Women make up just over 30% of all managers in 70 countries.
- 55% of women in the EU have experienced sexual harassment, 32% of which experienced it in a place of work.
How do we choose companies in this Impact Area?
- We look at company reporting
- We partner with third-party rating firms
- We employ a proprietary scoring methodology
- We exclude companies that have severe controversies
On what metrics are companies evaluated?
- Strength of commitment to gender pay equality
- Percentage of women in senior management
- Strength of gender diversity programs and anti-discrimination policies
Gender EqualitySample Companies
- MSFT Microsoft Corporation
- KO Coca-Cola Company
- HAS Hasbro, Inc.
- ACN Accenture Plc
- HPQ HP Inc.
Introducing our new Impact Portfolio
If you want to invest in companies making an impact in Climate Action, Better Health, and Gender Equality, then this portfolio might be for you.