This Impact Area invests your money in companies impacting United Nations Global Goal 3, Good Health and Well-being, which aims to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
Why is this important?
According to United Nations:
- Fewer teens are having children in most developing regions, but progress has slowed. The large increase in contraceptive use in the 1990s was not matched in the 2000s.
- 17,000 fewer children die each day than in 1990, but more than six million children die before their fifth birthday each year.
- Between 2000 and 2013, tuberculosis prevention, diagnosis and treatment interventions saved an estimated 37 million lives. The tuberculosis mortality rate fell by 45% and the prevalence rate by 41% between 1990 and 2013.
How do we choose companies in this Impact Area?
- We look at company reporting
- We partner with third-party rating firms
- We employ a proprietary scoring methodology
- We exclude companies that have severe controversies
On what metrics are companies evaluated?
- Steps taken to provide employee health and well-being programs
- Promotion of low-cost medical devices and medicines globally
- Percentage of revenue spent on R&D for rare diseases
Better HealthSample Companies
- AABV AbbVie Inc.
- BAX Baxter International Inc.
- CVS CVS Health Corporation
- BSX Boston Scientific Corporation
- AWK American Water Works Company
Introducing our new Impact Portfolio
If you want to invest in companies making an impact in Climate Action, Better Health, and Gender Equality, then this portfolio might be for you.